Monday, June 30, 2008

VACATION!

...finally. Not really vacation as going anywhere, but vacation as my husband being home every day this week. I was so busy the entire month of June with cleaning, sorting, bagging, throwing away, giving away, etc. that I completely forgot he has the whole week off.



Adam graduated Saturday and his open house was Sunday, so now we are ready to relax. When I woke up this morning (at a shameful 8:00, but I make no apologies), I almost didn't like the feeling of not having some BIG goal to accomplish for the day. I mostly did odd jobs, a couple loads of laundry, a little straightening and putting away, but that's it. I hardly know how to act.

It looks like our kids' schedules will keep them occupied the month of July. Adam's at Camp Reveal as a youth counsellor for 2 weeks, Brooke is in Indiana doing the nanny thing for my nephew and his wife for 3 MORE weeks, only to get home in time for Momemtum for a week. VBS will keep Nicole and Laina busy for a week and sometime Jerald & I want to use our free plane tickets for 5 or 6 days.

And so it goes...

3 comments:

Kati said...

Whew!! I'm breathing a sigh of relief with you!! It is pretty bad you forgot your hubby was going to be off work all week!! You two DO need to get away!!

Chris said...

Adam's party was very nice. I was glad to meet your family and friends. I especially liked the picture Kati showed me of you and Adam. No kidding you look soooooo much younger NOW! Are you sure that was really you?????

Thanks for asking us to share the day with your family. I hope your neightbor doesn't mind the donuts we did in his front yard as we were leaving.

Margaret said...

chris- we've had to hide in the house all week for fear the neighbor is propped up at window, loaded and ready! :)