Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Life in General

It seems like we have fallen back into a routine, which I enjoy.
It is amazing that it is already July; the summer always goes way too fast for me.

Nicole, Colin & Laina are all involved with VBS this week. (If you want to read a great perspective for all you volunteers, read Nicole's blog- linked on my page).
Adam is finishing up this week at Camp Reveal and Brooke has another 10 days, or so, as a nanny in IN for my nephew and his wife. Which leaves Jerald and I completely alone in the evenings. Now that's a weird situation- it hasn't been that way for almost 21 years. First of all, I don't know how to cook in small quantities. I'm used to doubling every recipe I make. Monday night we started with wine & cheese for hors d'ouvres and then bruschetta for dinner. It's really an appetizer too, but I made it a main dish- something the kids would never go for. Last night, I met Jerald in town for dinner at Night Sky; that was way cool. I think tonight we will do Chicken Salad Croissants.

Although I look forward to someday having our time alone, I'm not really wanting to rush the process. It will be good next week to have all the kids home again.

It has been a long time since we have not gone to see fireworks on the 4th, but that is exactly what happened this year. We only had 2 kids at home that night and neither of them were very thrilled with the yucky weather; they didn't care if they saw fireworks or not so, by george, we weren't going to push the issue. They are the only reason we have went for years anyway. Even though I think fireworks are very pretty, it's hard to get past the amount of money spent for 20-30 minutes.

Saturday night, we sat on the deck roasting hotdogs and marshmallows in our firepit while the neighbors set off their fireworks- actually quite impressive. So, I guess we got in our little bit of patriotism.

And so life goes...

1 comments:

Chris said...

How funny....I feel the same about all the money wasted on fireworks. They are pretty the first few minutes but then they start looking the same.

Thank you for the nice time last night. The straw hats were great! You and Jerald have the gift of making everyone feel welcome and at ease. Oh, and who wouldn't be impressed by your wonderful, colorful, special BOWL collection. :0) I am glad we are friends.