Thursday, May 1, 2008

Yippee Skippee



I'm going to the airport to get my husband tonight...he's been gone for most of the last two weeks. Then we get to spend the weekend together with my family at Pokagon State Park (Christmas gift from my mom). Even though there's a bunch of us, hubby and I will definitely be seeking out alone time.


If you haven't figured it out by now, my husband travels for business a fair amount of time. He loves, loves, loves his job and that means enough to me for me to support him no matter what. Because of homeschooling, it is more of a challenge for me to get to go along, but every now and then it works out.


The older the kids get, the harder it is to be mom & dad. Even though my husband and I talk every day while he's gone, it's hard to share adequately over the phone. When the kids were younger, it was more physically exhausting, but now it can be mentally and emotionally exhausting. Our kids have been a tremendous blessing to us, serving the Lord and loving Jesus, but there's just a certain amount of commotion going on pretty much 24/7. They have a lot they want to talk to us about (which we are very thankful for), but sometimes I can feel fairly overwhelmed trying to just listen and feel their emotions without trying to fix and solve and etc.
God has just been so incredibly good to us and our family. We have a strong marriage and 5 beautiful strong children. And how I went from the first sentence to this, I'm not really sure. I'm just typing my thoughts as they come...

0 comments: