Saturday, May 16, 2009

Please Pray with Me

for the husband/father who lost his wife and 2 children in a house fire late last night.

We've known this family all our lives. They are from Flora,Indiana, (where Jerald was from).

Brian & Leah Wagoner had a son, Harrison (almost 8) and a daughter, Sophia (4). Brian's dad was our dentist for many years and I worked with Leah's mother for several years.

Indiana had a very severe electrical storm last night which they believe struck the house and started a fire. Leah and both children died in the fire. Brian's hands were burned, but not too bad. They are strong Christians, but how...how is Brian supposed to go on? I guess I'm showing how weak my faith really is, but why? I know in my head that God is sovereign and good, but my heart still can't understand why God wants it to be this way. I hurt so much for the grandparents/parents, Brian, their friends...

And so, even though you don't know this family, would you still remember to pray for them? please?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh margaret! how awful! you're right, this is a very hard thing. i had tears in my eyes as i read your post, though i could only BEGIN to imagine his grief. yes, i will pray for brian and his extended family.

lisa said...

oh yes we are praying!..Such grief!

Susan said...

Praying with you, Margaret. I can't imagine the burden he is caring...

The Baker Family said...

Please don't stop praying for this dear family. One of the comment's Brian made to Trent & I at the viewing was "Please continue to pray for me. I will need the prayers more later, than I do right now." He and his family were and are such a testimony to Christ.

Anonymous said...

still praying

Melanie said...

Hello,
My name is Melanie, and I found your blog while googling for an article on the Flora fire. Leah Wagoner is my aunt's sister-in-law, so Harrison and Sophia are my cousins' cousins. We got to know them pretty well when we'd visit my first-cousins in Indiana, and spent a Christmas and Thanksgiving with them a couple times. They were so precious, and this whole tragedy has been very difficult for me...
My first feeling was, "Doesn't God know what he's doing? Why did he take their lives like that?" Then the Lord began to work on my heart to teach me that I must trust Him...
Trusting is something we do when we CANNOT SEE. If we saw and understood why God was doing something, we wouldn't need to trust. It is when life doesn't make sense that we learn to trust. And that's what I've been doing-- though it's very hard!
I don't know if you were at the funeral or not... it was a beautiful, beautiful funeral, and the Lord was glorified in a wonderful way.
Thank you for posting and asking prayer for the family... I just can't imagine what Brian and Leah's parents are going through right now.
May the Lord bless you and comfort you.
~Melanie :-)
1 Corinthians 15-- this chapter really blessed and strengthened me during this last week!

marilyn66 said...

As a mom and grandma, I can ache so much more for Leah's parents. That grief has many layers...for your precious daughter and for the precious grandchildren AND then for the "son" you've grown to love so much, aching for him in his grief as well. I am praying. Keep us informed!