Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

Every year my kids get me something for Mother's Day even though I insist that they shouldn't. This year it was a beautiful diamond bracelet which I love, but I really mean it when I say it is enough to have 5 beautiful children who love Jesus and have submitted their hearts to His leadership. For a mother to know that her children are walking with the Lord is gift enough.

We had a fun and busy weekend with my family. As a Christmas gift, my mom pays for the whole family (I think there were 40+ this year) to go to a state park in Indiana for the weekend. The last two years we have went to Pokagon and stayed in the inn. It's a fun time for the kids to be together and the adults to catch up.

On Sunday, we helped some friends set up for their daughter's wedding. It was a beautiful wedding, full of God's goodness and love. The couple had saved their first kiss for this special day. I love weddings that glorify Christ; they always make me want to go home and pay more attention to the vows I made on my wedding day.

A Happy belated Mother's Day wish to all you moms!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are absolutely right! the gift of children who love Jesus is the best gift of all!!!!

glad you had a wonderful mothers' day :)