Thursday, April 30, 2009

Never Mind, Lord

Sometimes I wonder if I'm like the man who was driving down the street in a panic because he had an important meeting and couldn't find a parking space. Looking up to heaven, he said, "Lord, take pity on me. If you find me a parking space, I promise to go to church every Sunday for the rest of my life and give up swearing."
Miraculously, a spot opened right in front of the building.
The man looked up and said, "Never mind. I found one."

I pray and seek the face of God; He faithfully answers and I act like it was my own doing.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding". Prov. 3:5

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

when i read this a couple of days ago, i thought, "nope, i don't think margaret would be like that man."

besides, i've never heard you swear :p