Monday, August 18, 2008

Truth

"I have no greater joy than this, to hear of my children walking in the truth." 3 John 4

Colin reading his testimony.



"I have been raised in a Christian home with parents who loved me and taught me about God and His love all of my life. I have known about Jesus for all of my 16 years.

About two years ago I realized that just knowing who Christ is wasn’t enough; I needed a personal relationship with Christ. I needed to really know Him. I confessed that I was a sinner; I needed Christ and His redemptive power of the Cross to wash and make me clean.

Titus 3:4-7 says “But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but because of His mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, that being justified by His grace we might be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.”

I have submitted to Christ and His finished work on the cross. I believe that I will never be good enough or be able to do enough for salvation, that it is my faith in Christ and nothing else that saves me. It is this same faith that makes me part of His body.

I want to be baptized to show the world that my belief in an awesome and powerful God is real, that He will love me even through the process of growing in His grace. Baptism, for me, makes me accountable to other believers because it is an outward confession of what is in my heart."




What an awesome day to experience the 4th baptism in our family. God's blessings are too numerous to count! One thing that is very clear to us as parents is even though we don't always agree with the choices our children make, we NEVER doubt that they love Jesus and sincerely desire to serve Him.

God is good all the time!

7 comments:

Jodi Bradshaw said...

So cool to see Colin get baptized yesterday! What an awesome testimony he read. Praise God!

Kati said...

Margaret, as I was sitting there in church watching Colin get baptized, I was sort of jealous of you. Like, jealous in a good way, I think, if there is such a thing. I truly believe there will be no greater joy for me in this life than to know my children love the Lord, and to watch them publicly declare it through baptism.

Susan said...

Wow - that is wonderful, Margaret! I'm rejoicing with you~ So glad you shared his testimony and pictures!!

The Baker Family said...

1
Praise God! What a wonderful feelign that must be to have your children walking in the Lord.

The Baker Family said...

umm... not sure what the 1 is all about... sorry!

Charity said...

Wow - you have a really good-looking pastor. Can I get his phone #??

ditto kati's comment. i long for the day when each of my kids will publicly confess Christ through baptism. every time i get to witness a believer's baptism, it's just a little overwhelming (in a good way), to see what Christ has accomplished through His Grace. it's beyond understanding.

Margaret said...

kati- i remember vividly being where you are at and wondering what the future held for our children. of course, we still wonder, but knowing they are rooted in Christ relieves the worry. yea, i think there might be a good jealous. :)

charity- i'm sorry- the pastor's already married to this really awesome lady AND they have FOUR kids...can you believe it?