Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Mom's Heart

How does a mom blog about some of the most momentous occasions in her life? I don't know how many times I've had a new blog window open, only to sit and stare at an empty white box; the words just wouldn't come. Last year held more changes than any year I can remember so far.

Last April 1, Adam & Heidi announced their engagement with an August 1 wedding date. Yikes! Four months to prepare. We did it and it was gorgeous, exciting, fulfilling and fun.

Words are a feeble attempt to describe my heart...my mom heart. It's hard to comprehend my first-born son being a husband.

My prayer is that as he faces the challenges that are sure to come, he will frequently fall on his knees before an Almighty, Holy God petitioning for the Spirit to give him the capacity to love his wife as Christ loves the church.

I love Heidi with the love a mom has for a daughter.

I pray that whatever circumstances she is faced with that God, through the work of the Spirit, will help her to reverence, with an awe-filled respect, the man He has given to her.

It was with great joy that Jerald & I were able to pronounce a parental blessing on their union.


Also on April 1, Colin had an accident at work that put a bolt through his hand.

Talk about jolting a heart to get that call. It just hurts to know my kids are in that much pain...hurts my mom heart. Praise God he's doing well, although the scar is very visible and he hasn't gotten complete mobility back.

In September, Nicole started school at Azusa Pacific University in the northeast corner of Los Angeles.

We are extremely excited for this opportunity Nicole has to spread her wings and see what God has in store for her.

We decided to take the family and drive with her to California.
It was a very pleasurable 2 1/2 day drive. We were able to see God's awesome and diverse creation.



The first weekend we helped her get settled in


and spent orientation with her.



We got to meet her 3 roomies; how comforting and reassuring to my heart...my mom heart to see her ready to tackle whatever God has in store.

After leaving Nicole there, we headed to the condo on the beach that we had rented for a week.







What a joy it was to my heart...my mom heart to see the family have such a great time together.

On top of an extremely full year, I now get to look forward to more changes. This May, we are looking forward to welcoming our new granddaughter into the family. My heart will soon become...my "nana" heart.
And THAT will be a blog all of its own.

2 comments:

Charity said...

Love the post, love the pictures!

Does this mean we all get to call you "Nana" now??

JanAl said...

So glad I checked in, it was a blessing to read this! Beautiful!

and....it only takes 2.5 days to get to Cali?

and.....I am excited to meet your new grandbaby!